December maybe the time for egg nog, holiday lights, kisses underneath the mistletoe, but it’s also a time when most mileage runs take place.
This year Kinglobjaw is running after some miles all the way to Dublin, London, New York and San Juan.
I’m booked on more US Airways widebodies within 7 days than I was aboard in the last 7 months. My SJU runs all involve widebodies as PHL and CLT schedules send a mix of 767’s and A330’s to SJU. Not to mention Europe, which is all widebody except Dublin (a 757 ETOPS).
Many firsts for me on this trip:
- First lenghty flight on an US Airways 767 in Envoy (CLT-PHL is nice but something longer would be nicer)
- First visit to the PHL US Airways ‘F’ terminal club while I wait for my PHL-LGA which is opearated by a US Airways Express Piedmont DASH-8
- First US Airways 757 ETOPS flight
- First ever flight on Star Alliance partner bmi
- First ever visit to the London Heathrow’s Star Alliance Terminal (1)
The good news is the fares are so low I won’t even have to leave milk and cookies for Santa. Santa may give you great gifts, but he won’t get you that low cpm (cents per mile) with a fun and creative routing.
As always flying gets me all excited, and like all the other times, I am thrilled and can’t wait for my upcoming trips.
It’s December and I was able to book some mileage runs to secure my status, but can I get the other things December has to offer? I think so! Hopefully I’ll be able to find egg nog at one of the airports where I transit. I’ll see the beautiful holiday lights New York or London, and if I’m very lucky I’ll get a kiss underneath the mistletoe. But first, I have to find that mistletoe.
Have a nice, while not getting drunk on egg nog, clicK life,