NWA has an enticing promotion where you can get up to 10,000 bonus WorldPerks miles after just 10 purchases. There are quite a few partners out there, but I’m trying to figure out how I can make these 10 purchases spending the smallest amount of money and trying to buy things I can actually use.
So far I’m 50% done. What’s neat is I can earn 1,000 miles after each purchase, not 10,000 after 10 purchases. So in the end, if I can’t utilize partners to buy 10 times, I’ll still get some bonus miles.
- Barnes & Noble $10 gift card (+ $0.95 for shipping). Miles earned: 30 base + 1,000 bonus.
- Borders $5 gift card (+ $1.95 for shipping). Miles earned: 15 + 1,000 bonus.
- Gaiam $1 tree donation certificate (no tax/free shipping). Miles earned: 6 + 1,000 bonus. (link of this item here)
- NorthernTool saw/blade ($1.99 no tax/free shipping). Miles earned: 6 + 1,000 bonus. (link for this item here)
- Sears $5 (free shipping). Miles earned: 10 + 1,000 bonus.
All this adds up to 5,067 extra miles added to my NWA/DELTA account. Of course, the NWA Mall probably takes the longest of all the airline malls. I won’t see those miles till July or August. Ironically, Delta’s mall posts miles the fastest (generally 5 to 6 days after transaction).
I buy magazines regularly at Borders/Barnes & Noble, so I’m really only spending extra on the shipping which would costs less than if I were to drive or take the bus. With Gaiam, I’m doing a good thing for the planet- I’m donating a tree. Sears has a lot of things like extra nozzles for my Dyson vacuum, so I’m sure I’ll end up using it soon. I’ll put good use of the blade from NorthernTool, I’ll no longer struggle with scissors when cutting boxes! What’s funny is that the blade is backordered. Many FlyerTalkers are probably onto this promotion and that’s the cheapest you can go at NorthernTool.
Have a nice clicK life,